Dry ice blaster IB 7/40 Adv
The KÄRCHER ice blaster IB 7/40 Advanced features impressive cleaning power. It's air flow has been optimised so that even low air pressures bring about excellent cleaning results. Like all KÄRCHER ice blasters, the IB 7/40 Advanced is impressively reliable. Dry ice blasting with the KÄRCHER IB 7/40 Advanced means working without unwanted interruptions. A new feature is integrated tank emptying that is activated by the touch of a button. It's compact build makes it possible to manoeuvre it easily even in narrow spaces.
The IB 7/40 Advanced: The KÄRCHER dry ice blasting machines feature a high-grade finish. All of the components used are of the highest quality. Well-thought out metering technology guarantees reliable blasting without icing over the machine. KÄRCHER blasting machines are designed for continuous use. Their reliability has been proven in numerous tests, including field tests and endurance tests. The airflow of the IB 7/40 Advanced has been optimised so that the available compressed air is guided through the machine to the nozzle with minimal loss. This makes it possible to achieve excellent cleaning results with the IB 7/40 Advanced, even with low pressures and low air consumption (max. 3.5 m³/min). Another advantage of this frugal use of resources is the low noise level. With a blasting pressure of e.g. 5 bar, the noise level is ca. 80 dB(A). The IB 7/40 Advanced is equipped with a residual ice emptying unit. In this way the residual dry ice can be removed from the tank by the touch of a button when work is finished. This prevents the machine from freezing. The new ice blaster also has an integrated oil and water separator. This ensures reliable operation. The blasting pressure and the ice delivery rate can be infinitely adjusted with the buttons. The set values are shown on a display. In addition statistical figures such as operating time, average ice consumption per hour and total ice consumption can be called up. The control of the ice delivery rate and blasting pressure can be locked with a key-operated switch. At the IB 7/40 Advanced an earth wire rewinder is integrated. Therewith electrostatic charging is effectively prevented. A remote control is integrated in the blasting gun of the IB 7/40 Advanced. Therewith it is possible to adjust blasting pressure and ice output directly at the blasting gun. Furthermore it is possible to completely cut-out the ice output via a further pushbutton. DRY ICE CLEANING: Kärcher’s dry ice blasting technology is a non-aggressive but thorough method of cleaning tools, moulds, surfaces and machines with a minimum of tooling and down times. In this process, small pellets, made of frozen carbon dioxide at a temperature of -79 °C, are injected into a stream of compressed air and accelerated by it. When the pellets impact the surface to be cleaned, it is cooled abruptly. Owing to the different rates of temperature-induced contraction of the contaminant and the base, the layer of contaminant goes brittle and breaks up, pellets penetrate the cracks and sublimate instantly. This blasts the contaminant away from the surface. The cleaning action of this process is based on the kinetic energy of the pellets, the embrittlement and loosening of the contaminants as well as the explosive sublimation of the blasting medium. The low hardness of dry ice pellets keeps surface abrasion exceptionally low. As with other blasting processes, dry ice blasting is suitable for treating complex surfaces of the kind found on printing presses and other machines.
Features and benefits
Automatic residual ice discharge
- The residual ice tank discharge button prevents the machine from freezing up once work has been completed.
- Optimal balancing of the machine for convenient manoeuvring on uneven terrain.
- Handles at the front and rear of the machine allow it to be easily carried over stairs.
GRP dry ice container
- Optimal insulation of the dry ice.
- No condensate water generation.
- The machine does not freeze.
Efficient air flow in the machine
- The dry ice is transported from the machine to the nozzle without being damaged.
- Top cleaning performance on the nozzle.
Integrated ground strap coil
- Easy earthing of the blasting object.
- Protects against arcing between the user and the object.
- Improvement of spraying convenience.
Integrated oil and water separators
- The machine does not freeze.
Clever trigger gun holder
- The trigger gun is always perfectly stored.
- Ideal position (e.g. changing the nozzles).
Integrated storage compartment for nozzles and tools
- Everything always within reach – directly on the machine.
- Cleaning of casting moulds and casting tools.
- Deburring of plastic parts
- Cleaning of forging tools
- Cleaning of bottling plants and mixing plants
- Cleaning of conveyor, transport and handling systems
- Cleaning of ovens
- Cleaning of printing presses and their surrounds
- Cleaning of wood processing machines
- Cleaning of generators, turbines, control cabinets and heat exchangers