Keep Britain Tidy 2019
Kärcher & Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean Competition 13th March – 5th April 2019
Win a Kärcher clean for your local community in partnership with Keep Britain Tidy.
For the second year running cleaning experts, Kärcher, will be supporting The Great British Spring Clean. Kärcher UK has always focused on inspiring communities to come together and take pride in their local area as it believes that clean community spaces can make a difference to people’s lives.
In 2018 Kärcher and Keep Britain Tidy headed to Weymouth, on the Dorset coast, to clean up a popular seafront underpass. Together we washed, scrubbed and cleaned - giving a good-as-new pathway under the busy Esplanade for locals to get safely to the seafront. This year we will be running another competition to find another area deserving of the Kärcher clean treatment.
Kärcher has commissioned research revealing that the cleanliness of our communities has a significant impact on emotional wellbeing. It shows that Brits living in a clean environment are happier and more likely to feel a sense of pride in their community and that unclean streets are driving factor in people seeking to move house and can even risk putting off potential house buyers in the area.
In a bid to boost emotional wellbeing and restore pride in communities, Kärcher and Keep Britain Tidy have made a commitment to deep clean a UK neighbourhood in need of some TLC. The pledge will see Kärcher’s team of cleaning experts transform the buildings, pavements and paths to restore a community to its former glory in a bid to improve the emotional wellbeing of its residents and help them to feel an increased sense of pride in their area.
To get involved and to have your local neighbourhood receive the Kärcher treatment, enter the competition by following and messaging Kärcher UK on their Facebook or Instagram channels. You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, explain where you’d like Kärcher to come and clean and why you think your area deserves to be cleaned – it can be a specific landmark or even a street that’s a little run down. Feel free include some images of the area to support your entry. Deadline for entries is 5th April 2019.
See full terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
By taking part in this Promotion all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions (which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter if circumstances make this unavoidable):
1. Open to UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man residents only aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Kärcher and their immediate families, their partners or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.facebook.com/karcheruk
Entrants can either enter via Facebook or Instagram:
Facebook: Entrants can enter by sending a direct message to Kärcher UK via the Kärcher Facebook page, this is available via desktop or mobile devices. Entrants will need to upload a picture of the area they wish to nominate and explain why they should win
Instagram: Entrants need to message Kärcher UK via the direct message function on Instagram. Entrants will need to upload a picture of the area they wish to nominate and explain why they should win
4. Applicants will be entered into a draw connected to the relevant prize listed. The prizes will be open for a limited amount of time, which will be displayed on https://www.facebook.com/KarcherUK
5. The Promotion will run between 13th March – 5th April (the “Promotion Term”).
6. 1 winner will be selected for the prize during the Promotion Term to win a Kärcher community clean in their local area during an upcoming date (to be agreed) in April
7. Only one entry per person
8. No bulk, third party, automated or organised group entries will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupt entries or entries that are not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
9. We are not liable for any person not being able to enter the promotion for any reason, including and without limitation system failure, error, hacks on the system or personal computer issues.
10. The winners of the Promotion will be judged and chosen based on the description and images they. The winners will be chosen by Kärcher at their discretion.
11. The winners will be notified via Facebook Messenger. To accept the prize, winners must respond to the message with their full name, email address and address within 5 days of being notified by the Promoter.
12. Promotion prize confirmation will be sent via e-mail once this has been provided
13. No responsibility can be taken for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. No cash alternatives will be given in whole or in part. The prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant or a winner before making the prize award.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to photograph and use the name of the winners for the purpose of publicity without charge via any and all media (including on any the Promoter’s social media platforms and websites), and the winner hereby consents to the same and grants an exclusive, non-revocable, royalty-free license to the Promoter to use his/her likeness for marketing purposes in the world in perpetuity.
18. You can obtain details of the winners' names and entries by contacting The Academy Limited,1 Hardwick Street, London, EC1R 4RB during the period of 3 months following the closing date, stating “Keep Britain Tidy Competition” followed by full name and address.
19. Winners agree that the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors, advertisers and promotional agencies of the Promoter shall have no liability, except and to the extent that it is not permissible by law to exclude liability (such as liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or breach of contract), in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Kärcher UK and not to Facebook.
21. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and each entrant hereby irrecoverably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. The promoter of this competition is Kärcher UK, Kärcher House, Brookhill Way, Banbury OX16 3ED (the “Promoter”).