TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PRODUCT WARRANTY REGISTRATION PRIZE DRAW
General Terms and Conditions
- Promoter: The promoter of this prize draw is Kärcher (U.K.) Limited (Kärcher UK) a company registered in England with company number 01350233, whose registered office is at Kärcher House, Brookhill Way, Banbury, Oxon OX16 3ED.
- Eligibility: This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over (excluding the persons listed in Condition 3) who register an Eligible Product (as defined in Condition 4) with Kärcher UK during the Prize Draw Period (as defined in Condition 5) online at www.kaercher.com/uk/register-your-karcher-product. You will automatically be entered into a monthly prize draw upon receipt of your registration form.
- Exclusions: Kärcher employees, dealer partners and their respective immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the prize draw.
- Eligible Products: all products in the Kärcher Home & Garden range purchased in the UK other than products purchased second hand or for commercial use.
- Prize Draw Period: Each month, registration forms must be received by Kärcher UK 0.01 am on the first of each month (the "Opening Date") to 11.59 pm on the last day of each month (the "Closing Date") inclusive (the “Promotional Period”). Registration forms received after the end of the Prize Draw Period or which are incorrect or incomplete will not be entered into the prize draw.
- Selection of Winner: A winner will be chosen by random draw using an excel random selection one week after the closing date.
- Prize: The winner will win the monthly prize corresponding to the month of their product registration. These prizes will change each month. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Notification of Winner: winners will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided on the registration form) one week after the closing date.
- Delivery of Prize: If a winner does not respond to Kärcher UK within 7 days of being notified of his or her win, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Kärcher UK will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described in Condition 6.
- Announcement of Winner: The name and county of the winner will be announced published on the Kärcher UK website at www.karcher.co.uk.
- Promoter’s Decision Final: Kärcher UK’s decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions: Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon their submission of the registration form. Kärcher UK reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Right to Withdraw: Kärcher UK reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time without further notice.
- Publicity: The winner may be required to participate in publicity relating to the prize draw, which may include the publication of his or her name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data: Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers online insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- Law and Jurisdiction: The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms and Conditions for January
1. THE PROMOTER
The promoter (the “Promoter”) is Kärcher (U.K.) Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 1350233, whose registered office is at Kärcher House, Brookhill Way, Banbury, Oxon OX16 3ED.
2. THE COMPETITION
2.1 The title of the competition is “Win a Luxury Spa Experience”.
3. HOW TO ENTER
3.1 The competition will run from 0.01 am on 1st January 2016 (the "Opening Date") to 11.59 pm on 31st January 2016 (the "Closing Date") inclusive (the “Promotional Period”).
3.2 All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 11.59 pm on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
3.3 To enter the prize draw: fill in the online product registration form, which can be found at the following URL: www.kaercher.com/uk/register-your-karcher-product.html
3.4 The winner will be selected at random from the eligible entries using a computer-generated draw.
3.5 Purchase of a qualifying Kärcher product as outlined in the general terms and conditions in paragraph 4 is required for a valid entry.
3.6 The Promoter will not accept any responsibility for competition entries that are lost, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
3.7 By entering the prize draw, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3.8 Please see www.kaercher.com/uk/register-your-karcher-product/product-registration-terms-and-conditions.html for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
4.1 The prize draw is only open to residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
4.2 In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
4.3 The Promoter will not accept entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
4.4 There is a limit of one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
4.5 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5. THE PRIZE
The prize is to win a day at a relaxing health spa! One lucky winner and friend will spend a full day at the spa with complete access to all the facilities on offer. These may vary from spa to spa, but are likely to include plunge pool, sauna, steam room and relaxation suite. Winners with itchy feet should feel free to take part in the fitness and exercise classes on offer. At some locations a healthy lunch, afternoon tea or light refreshment is included and some venues include treatments. The exact experience differs according to the spa visited, but each venue will leave winners feeling refreshed, relaxed and revitalised, for the perfect treat!
5.1 Prize arrangements will be made by Protravel. Individual terms and conditions shall apply to all elements of the prize provided by third party suppliers.
5.2 Bookings are subject to the terms and conditions of Protravel’s suppliers, a copy of these is available to the winner upon request.
5.3 Prices cover dates to the end of December 2017 but are subject to change until confirmation of order. All prizes must be booked and travelled by the end of December 2017.
5.4 Travel is not permitted over Christmas, New Year, Easter, Bank Holidays, trade fairs and special local events.
5.5 All dates subject to availability at the time of booking.
5.6 ‘The promoter’ accept no responsibility for packages / activities etc. being withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, Protravel will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative of equal standard.
5.7 £30 travel allowance is included.
5.8 Insurance is not included.
5.9 The prize is not transferable or exchangeable, cannot be redeemed as cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize.
5.10 In the event of cancellation by the prize winner, the prize winner or any other travellers will not be entitled to claim any refund or replacement prize. Once booked, no changes can be made.
5.11 Minimum age is 18 years.
5.12 All bookings must be made at least 4 weeks (28 days) in advance of travelling and are subject to availability.
5.13 Any amendments made by the prizewinner after the booking is confirmed will be subject to administration charges. Some amendments may not be possible.
5.14 Any amendments made by the prizewinner after the booking is confirmed will be subject to administration charges to be paid by the winner. Some amendments may not be possible.
5.15 Transport between home and the destination is the responsibility of the prizewinner.
5.16 Bookings must be made through Protravel, P&MM Ltd, Avalon House, Breckland, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, MK14 6LD (ABTA number: G0642)
5.17 Height, weight, age and/or health restrictions may apply to some activities.
5.18 Some activities are seasonal or may only operate on certain dates; in the event of activities not being available a suitable alternative will be offered.
5.19 All other costs and expenses in taking up the prize not set out in the stated prize description will be at the winners expense, these include but are not limited to, meals, drinks and gratuities.
5.20 Should you wish to add additions to your prize (ie extra nights, additional passengers) then you may do so at an extra cost. Protravel will advise this cost prior to booking; Protravel will not enter into any discussions about cost comparison or rates sourced elsewhere.
5.21 It is the winners responsibility to advise Protravel of any circumstances that may prevent them from participating in any element of the prize, including but not limited to dietary requirements, medical conditions or personal circumstance.
5.22 Meals may have a specified maximum spend attached to them, winners will be notified of this prior to travel.
5.23 Winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others;
5.24 All prizes will be subject to further specific prizewinner terms and conditions that will be sent to the winner in their congratulations pack.
6. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
6.1 The Promoter will contact the winner within one week of the closing date.
6.2 The Promoter will send the names and county of the winners to anyone who writes within two months after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out in condition 1.
7. CLAIMING THE PRIZE
7.1 If you are the lucky winner, you will have 30 days from the date of the Promoter’s email to claim the prize by replying to the email with the information requested. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
7.2 The winner should allow up to 30 days after responding to the Promoter’s email to receive confirmation of the prize. Activity vouchers may not be sent to the winner until 7 days prior to the relevant activity or check-in date.
7.3 The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the prize within 30 days, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected in accordance with paragraph 3.4.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
9. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
9.1 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
9.2 You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
10.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
10.2 The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
10.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.