Questions and answers on warranty, repairs and parts
Warranty and Service - Home & Garden Products
The Rapid Exchange Program bypasses the hassles of a traditional repair program by providing a quick and free replacement for a pressure washer that requires in-warranty repairs. Instead of waiting weeks for your pressure washer to be repaired, you will be up and running again with the least possible amount of downtime.
To take advantage of the Rapid Exchange Program, your product must meet the following criteria:
- It must be one of the following Kärcher Home & Garden products: electric pressure washer, vacuum cleaner, electric broom, window cleaner, hard floor cleaner, steam cleaner or push sweeper.
- It must have been purchased new from an authorized retailer.
- Note! Kärcher products purchased through online auctions, swap/flea markets and other second- and third-party markets are not eligible for the program
- It must have been used exclusively for residential cleaning. Kärcher products used for commercial cleaning are ineligible.
- It must be within the covered warranty period
- It must be accompanied by proof of purchase. Valid forms of proof of purchase include legible copies (fax) of the original sales or gift receipt, or credit card statement.
Kärcher will replace your product with an equivalent new product. In the event that we do not have a replacement model that exactly matches your model, a comparable or upgraded unit in performance and value from our current product range will be sent to you. This program is provided at no additional cost to you.
If you believe your Kärcher product requires warrantied repairs and meets all of the stated criteria, please call 1-800-537-4129 to speak with a customer care specialist. The specialist will ask you a series of questions and determine your eligibility to participate into the Rapid Exchange Program.
- A rapid exchange number will be issued. This enables us to keep together all information pertaining to your exchange and gives you a reference number for future inquiries. You will be sent an email with the rapid exchange number along with a Rapid Exchange Form.
- Follow the directions on the form which include attaching the silver sticker label from your product as well as a copy of your proof of purchase showing the date and place of purchase. You may send this form back to us electronically or via postal mail
- A replacement product will be shipped out to you as soon as we receive and verify the information with the form. Please allow seven to ten days for delivery.
- Be sure to inspect your replacement product as soon as you receive it and notify us if anything is missing, damaged or not working properly due to shipping.
- Enjoy your newly received pressure washer, window vac or other product! For added peace of mind, any remaining time on your original warranty will be applied to your replacement product. For example, if you bought a pressure washer on January 1 with a one-year warranty and exchanged it with the Rapid Exchange Program on July 15, the replacement pressure washer would be covered until December 31, the expiration date of your original warranty.
Most shipping companies have strict regulations regarding the shipment of items that have contained gasoline. Gasoline pressure washers that require in-warranty and out-of-warranty repairs should be taken to one of our authorized independent service centers.
Karcher pressure washers are serviced by a network of independent, authorized service centers. You can locate an authorized service center near you on this website by visiting our Service Addresses page. Be sure to select whether you have an electric or gas pressure washer.
Once you've identified Kärcher authorized service centers in your area, we recommend that you call ahead to check their schedule for availability.
If you have difficulty locating a service center in your area, please submit a help ticket so that we may assist you. You may also wish to contact one of these independent service centers who take customers from around the US:
R. J. Bowers: (800) 383-6584 or www.rjbowers.com
Pressure Parts: (800) 999-2245 or www.pressureparts.com
Pressure Washers Direct: (866) 618-WASH or www.pressurewashersdirect.com
Please note that most electric pressure washers are covered by our Rapid Exchange Program. If your electric pressure washer is eligible, you may not need to visit a service center. Please refer to the FAQ's on Rapid Exchange Program for more information.
Submit your warranty registration information here. It's quick and easy, and you'll receive a confirmation email for your records.
Warranty - Professional Products
Please contact the dealer in which the product was purchased.
From the date the unit is sold either directly from Karcher, or authorized Karcher distributor.
You may register here or often the authorized Karcher dealer performs this function.
- Pour all of the detergent concentrate supplied (20 ml) into the spray bottle supplied and fill it up with water.
- Depending on how dirty the windowpane is, you may have to clean it several times. The cleaning agent solution should not be allowed to dry on while you do this.
- Hold the window vac so that that the squeegee is perpendicular to the windowpane and do not use too much pressure.
- We also recommend that you clean the squeegee regularly, removing any dirt residues. The squeegee can be pulled out sideways. If the squeegee is worn, it should be replaced.
- Spray the windowpane so that it is moist all over.
Make sure that the dirty water tank is not too full, particularly if you are using the device in a horizontal position or above your head.
Charge the battery if the operating display is off or if it is flashing slowly. If the display is flashing quickly, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly.
Depending on the model, Kärcher residential pressure washers have a flow rate of between 1.25 and 2.5 gallons per minute. Pressure washers are therefore easy on your budget as well as the environment.
In an electric pressure washer, an electrically powered pump raises the water pressure by up to 40X. With this pressure, the water is conveyed through the high-pressure hose to a lance, where it is ejected as a sharp, concentrated jet from a nozzle, creating enormous cleaning power. If the spray gun is not activated, the pump will switch off automatically. A pressure washer allows you to carry out your cleaning tasks even more quickly than with conventional methods while also using less water.
Yes, but you should use a suction hose with filter for this, to keep debris out of the pump. Attach the suction hose to the water inlet. Insert the other end into the water bucket or other source. Connect the high-pressure hose to the device. Before switching on the device, remove the steel pipe from the spray gun. Press the lever on the spray gun so that this is open and switch the device on. This will allow the air inside the device to escape gently as the pressure washer starts to draw in the water. The device should not be any more than 1.5 feet above the point of use.
- Simply spray the vehicle down with high pressure to remove coarse dirt.
- We recommend using Karcher Vehicle Wash & Wax for a more thorough clean. The cleaning agent is applied gently onto the vehicle in low pressure.
- You can also use a wash brush to more effectively distribute the detergent and remove stubborn debris.
Kärcher cleaning agents are eco-friendly, biodegradable and specially formulated for our products. We cannot guarantee the cleaning effectiveness of other brands of detergents. Remember to never use bleach with a pressure washer!
The backflow preventer stops detergent from getting into the water system.
The T250 Deck and Driveway Cleaner is compatible with all Karcher Home & Garden electric pressure washers.
- Connect the device to the water supply and turn on the tap.
- Remove the filter from the water inlet and clean it.
- Switch the pressure washer on without the steel pipe and allow it to run until there is no more air coming out of the spray gun.
- Check whether you are using the right accessories.
- If the pressure and suction valves are leaking and there is water coming out of the casing, or if the device is throbbing, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly.
- If the overflow valve is stuck, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly.
- Clean the nozzle insert.
- Check if you are using the right nozzle.
- Check if there is enough water coming out.
- Check the power supply and mains fuse.
- Check the main switch and spray gun.
- For extension cables of 10 m or longer, the diameter must be at least 2.5 mm².
- Completely unwind the cable drum.
In the following cases, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly:
- The pressure switch or control pistons are stuck
- The motor is overheating
- The main switch is faulty
- Fill up the cleaning agent container.
- Rinse out the vacuum filter with fresh water and clean it. Once you have finished cleaning with cleaning agent, you should rinse the device out with fresh water to prevent the filter from clogging up.
- Check the suction hose for damage.
- Take the cleaning agent hose on the device and, using a thin object, push back the valve on the hose nipple so that it moves smoothly.
- Start the flow and set to low pressure.
If the roller or brush is worn out, they must be replaced. If the brush roller drive is worn out, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly.
Check that the sealing lip and seal on the waste hopper are still in good condition and replace if necessary.
Check that the roller brush is set to the correct height: only the tips of the bristles should be touching the floor. If the height adjustment or wheel drive is defective, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly.
You can use a multi-purpose vac for individual dry leaves, but not for large quantities of leaves. Hard or wet leaves can quickly lead to blockages in the suction hose or container inlet.
Level 2 is only used for operating power tools. The vacuum cleaner starts when the power tool is switched on and stays on for around 15-20 seconds after the power tool has been switched off.
When vacuuming fine dust you should always use a filter bag.
Check that the suction hose is inserted properly and that there are no defects. Check that the filter is in place and that it is not defective. Use a filter bag.
Replace the filter bag, clean the cartridge filter/flat pleated filter, nozzle, suction pipe and suction hose. Replace the seals if necessary.
The device switches itself off when the dirt receptacle is too full. If the filling level probe and casing are wet, this can cause a moisture path to form. Allow the device to dry out and clean the filling level probe.
Check the fuse and socket and check the cord and plug for any damage. If the power switch, carbon brush or power outlet are defective, please consult one of our service partners or contact us directly.
Remove the cartridge filter and empty the container. If there is water in the cartridge filter, allow this to dry.