Terms and conditions of sale
Kärcher (Pty) Ltd.
Ex stock, subject to prior sale.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that estimated costs may change if additional work is identified during the repair, in this case we will contact you immediately.
Please also consider the actual terms regarding cost estimations:
• Retail machines repaired or unrepaired and not collected within 2 months from date of cost estimation will be disposed of.
• Professional machines unrepaired and not collected within 1 month from date of cost estimation will be disposed of and the case will be closed.
• Cost estimations are valid for 30 days
• For your safety and ours, we no longer accept cash payments for any service work.
On-site repairs at customer premises
• Customers with an existing 30 day account - official order required prior to commencement of work.
• Customers without a 30 day account - full payment required prior to commencement of work.
Payment terms and conditions
All prices quoted above exclude 15% VAT and are payable in full on order.
Kärcher workshop repairs
• All repairs – Full payment is required prior to commencement of repair work
• Customer with an existing 30 day account – An official order is required prior to commencement of work.
Spare parts availability
In terms of German legislation, spare parts must be available for a period of 7 (seven) years. The model quoted will be in their program for several years to come and they therefore confidently guarantee parts for a period of 10 (ten) years.
The Kärcher (Pty) Ltd can supply a range of chemicals, which are scientifically formulated for use in high pressure cleaning systems. The chemical structure does not deteriorate under high pressure and high temperature. Kärcher (Pty) Ltd can provide a chemical to suit your every requirement.
Step by step procedure of how to get the machine to suck water from a bucket
1. Elevate the water source by a meter or so.
2. Switch the machine on and run the machine without any nozzles until you get a clean flow of water flowing through the trigger gun only.
3. Once you have got rid of the air lock you may then attach the nozzles and use the machine.
Our pricing remains firm for a period of 30 days from date of quotation, after which they are subject to our final confirmation and based on the present exchange rate.
Kärcher (PTY) Ltd hereby guarantees the appliance to the first user that it is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, for a period of TWO YEARS (in the case of Professional appliances) and ONE YEAR (applicable to Home and Garden appliances) from date of purchase, subject to the following conditions:
- At any time within the guarantee period from date of purchase by the first user, Kärcher (PTY) Ltd, will at its election replace or repair without cost to the first user, if necessary through an authorized service dealer, any part found to be defective in this appliance. This includes labour, but excludes transport between the customer's premises and the nearest authorized Kärcher service depot.
- This specifically excludes parts which are subject to normal wear and tear.
- The removal of the serial number (if applicable) from the appliance will render this undertaking null and void.
- Kärcher (PTY) Ltd shall not be responsible for damages of any kind resulting from incorrect voltages or faults in the building wire, failure to use the appliance in accordance with the operating instructions, commercial use of consumer appliances, use with chemicals other than Kärcher chemicals or cleaning chemicals approved by the company or general misuse, abuse and for any damage caused by fire, flood, civil disturbances or Acts of God.
- It is a condition of this undertaking, that Kärcher (PTY) Ltd shall not be responsible for the transportation, labour, material or any other costs not specified other than those covered by points (1) above. Specifically, Kärcher (PTY) Ltd will not accept any responsibility or liability for loss or damage of any kind caused by or to failure operation or malfunction of this appliance. (Kindly refer to attached guidelines for general operation.)
- Should the appliance be worked on by anyone other than an authorized service representative, this undertaking will become null and void.
- Failure to produce the product certificate (applicable to Professional appliances) with the documentary proof of date of original purchase by the first user, will result in a charge levied for work done and parts supplied even if the appliance is still in the period of this undertaking; as will any service calls where no fault is found with the appliance.
- This guarantee is given only to the first user. Application for transfer to subsequent purchasers of the benefit of this guarantee for the unexpired period will be considered by the Company upon written application.
- In the case of a Professional appliance, a service interval of a maximum of every 6 months is required at an authorized service representative. Failure to do so will render this undertaking null and void.
Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations. Special promotions may be available in selected stores.
Standard competition terms and conditions:
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are not exchangeable. Prizes are valid for 1 months from notification.
- Nationwide delivery from sponsor to winner to a physical address only.
- Employees, dealers and service providers and their families are not permitted to enter.
- You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months.
- Kärcher South Africa and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account.
- Any prize related defects, costs or expenses which you may incur should be brought under the attention of Kärcher within one month.
- Kärcher South Africa may require you to provide us with additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
Transfer of Liability Agreement
The transfer of liability confirms that the purchase of professional cleaning machines from our online shop has been purchased from Kärcher and that the purchaser will take responsibility for the following:
1. Operating Instructions will be provided to the end user.
2. Operating instruction booklet will be handed over to the end user.
3. The End User is informed and briefed in detail about the following:
a. Intended use of the machine (Recommended daily operating hours/m²_________).
b. Functional description of the machine.
c. Use of the machine has been demonstrated.
d. Important features of the unit.
e. Control elements of the unit have been described.
f. Safety instructions and the necessary protective wear/equipment
g. Maintenance and care instruction*.
h. Instruction for the shutdown.
i. Possible Accessories.
j. Warranty regulations have been agreed upon.