Data protection policy
Kärcher (Pty) Ltd.
Kärcher (Pty) Limited of Cnr George Allen & Mount Joy Road, Wilbart Extension 2, Germiston, Gauteng (“We”/”Us”/Our”) respect your personal privacy.
We take Our obligations for the processing of personal information very seriously and We are committed to protecting your privacy.
The “responsible party”, as referred to in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) is Kärcher (Pty) Limited of Cnr George Allen & Mount Joy Road, Wilbart Extension 2, Germiston, Gauteng. You may direct your queries in regard to the protection of personal information to the information officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our website – www.karcher.co.za . This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our site, subscribing to Our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Us, and when you report a problem with Our site.
- If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to Our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Our advertisers and business partners. This is statistical data about Our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie file” which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. “Cookies” refers to information that is sent from Our website to your hard drive where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on Our website. In this way, the next time you use Our website, We will know who you are and that you have visited Our website before. They help Us to improve Our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They also enable Us:
- To estimate Our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow Us to customise Our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
Personal information held by or disclosed by you to a third party
Where we store your personal data
The data We collect from you and that We transfer to a third party outside of the Republic of South Africa shall only be to a third party who is subject to a law, binding corporate rules (as defined in POPI) or binding agreement (as defined in POPI) which provides an adequate level of protection that:
- Is in accordance with this policy;
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to Our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO USE YOUR DATA IN THIS WAY, OR TO PASS YOUR DETAILS ON TO THIRD PARTIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES, PLEASE TICK THE RELEVANT BOX SITUATED ON THE FORM ON WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR DATA.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to Our advertisers, but We may provide them with aggregate information about Our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Germiston, Gauteng). We may make use of the personal data We have collected from you to enable Us to comply with Our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Our group, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1 to 3 of the South African Companies Act No. 71 of 2008.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kärcher or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You can correct factual errors, review and/or update information held about you at any time by contacting us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any access request may be subject to certain specification etc.