Warranty information for Kärcher products in Australia
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Kärcher Pty Ltd (“Kärcher”) of 40 Koornang Road, Scoresby, VIC 3179 Tel: 1800 675 714, provides the following warranty in relation to the Kärcher Home & Garden and Professional range products.
For safety and use instructions, please refer to the user guide enclosed with your Product or our website at www.kaercher.com.au
Kärcher warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the warranty period from the date of purchase.
Home & Garden range
- K2 & K3 High Pressure Cleaners (Excluding K3 Premium, K3 Compact, K3.800 eco!ogic and K3.200)
- Petrol engine driven high pressure cleaners (G2500DCE & G2800FH)
- Vacuums, Steamers and Push sweepers
- K4, K5 & K6 WCW High Pressure Cleaners (Purchased after 1st June 2011)
- K3 Premium, K3 Compact, K3.800 eco!ogic and K3.200
Home and Garden units used in Commercial applications have a 3 month warranty. Kärcher deems units purchased under a business name or with a business credit card as commercial use.
- Sweepers (KM) (Purchased after 1st February 2014)
- Scrubber/Driers (B, BR, BD) (Purchased after 1st February 2014) Excluding 3rd party supplied batteries. (KM, B, BR, BD purchased before 1st February 2014 have 6 month labour and 2 year parts warranty)
- G3050, G3200 XH, G3200 OH & G4000 Petrol High Pressure Cleaners
- High Pressure Cleaners (HDC)
- Ultra High Pressure Cleaners
- Municipal Vacuums (IC)
- Municipal Sweepers (MC)
- Industrial Vacuums (IV)
- Ice Blasters (IB)
- Parts Cleaners (PC)
- Vehicle wash (CB/TB/WRP/HDS-C/HDR/SB)
- Industrial High Pressure Cleaning Systems (HKF / HDI / HWE / SHD-R)
- High Pressure Cleaners (HD / HDS) (Purchased after June 1st 2013 Anthracite)
- Vacuum’s, Carpet cleaners & Steamers (NT / T / CV / AB / AP / BV / EB / Puzzi / DE)
If a defect appears in the product before the end of the warranty period and Kärcher finds the Product to be defective in materials or workmanship, Kärcher will, in its sole discretion, either:
- replace or repair the Product or the defective part of the Product free of charge, or
- arrange the Product or the defective part of the Product to be repaired or replaced by a qualified repairer free of charge.
Kärcher reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Product with parts or components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired.
- If a fault covered by the warranty occurs, the purchaser must first contact Kärcher or an authorised Kärcher distributor.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by proof of purchase and details of the alleged defect.
- This warranty is limited to defects in the materials or workmanship in the product and does not cover expendable parts or the replacement of parts due to fair wear and tear.
The warranty will not apply where:
- The Product has been modified, repaired or serviced by someone other than Kärcher or an authorised repairer.
- Kärcher cannot establish any fault in the product after testing.
- The Product has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed.
- The Product has been subject to abnormal conditions, whether of temperature, water, humidity, pressure, stress or similar.
- The purchaser has used or fitted non-genuine or non-approved parts and accessories.
- The Product defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident.
- The Product defect has arisen due to the purchaser’s failure to properly maintain or use the Product.
- The damage to, or failure of, the Product has resulted from low or high voltage, the use of an incorrectly sized extension lead or a coiled electrical extension lead.
- The damage has been caused by impurities in the water supply to the product and/or debris contaminating the pump and motor.
- The damage has been caused by the use of chemicals and detergents not approved by Kärcher.