Kärcher steam cleaners remove up to 99.999%* of enveloped viruses and up to 99.9%** of household bacteria, ensuring maximum hygiene and a healthy living environment. Whether in the kitchen, the bathroom or even on floors, it's full steam ahead with Kärcher! Made in Germany.
Using steam to combat viruses* and bacteria**
Simple and effective against bacteria and viruses: hot steam. The powerful steam output, combined with high temperature, powerful nozzles and hot cleaning cloths, ensure that Kärcher steam cleaners can eliminate up to 99.999%* of enveloped viruses such as coronaviruses or influenza viruses, and up to 99.9%** of typical household bacteria on hard surfaces, fixtures and fittings, tiles, mirrors, etc.
- Hygiene and fiber-deep cleanliness with steam – completely without chemicals, just with tap water
- Elimination of up to 99.999%* of viruses, and up to 99.9%** of typical household bacteria on smooth hard surfaces
- Better cleaning performance than with conventional manual cleaning methods with detergent
- High steam temperature and strong steam generation
Discover the power of steam
Pressure + Speed + Temperature = Ultimate Clean
The secret of steam cleaning lies in the powerful combination of pressure, speed and temperature. Microscopic steam particles force their way into even the tiniest areas to thoroughly loosen dirt particles.
Our steam cleaners do not use any chemicals – they use only tap water. This provides a safe environment for small children in particular, who like to put things in their mouths. Allergy sufferers can also breathe a sigh of relief.
If used properly, Kärcher steam cleaners like the SC 3 can remove up to 99.999%* of enveloped viruses, such as the coronavirus or influenza, and up to 99.9%** of common household bacteria from hard surfaces.
* Tests have shown that with spot cleaning of 30 secs at max. steam level and direct contact to the cleaning surface with a Kärcher steam cleaner, up to 99.999% of enveloped viruses such as coronavirus or influenza (excluding the Hepatitis-B virus) can be removed on common smooth household hard surfaces (test-germ: Modified-Vaccinia-Ankara-Virus).
** When thoroughly cleaning with a Kärcher steam cleaner, up to 99.9% of all common household bacteria will be killed on common smooth household hard surfaces, provided the cleaning speed of 30 cm/s at max. steam level and direct contact to the cleaning surface (test-germ: Enterococcus hirae).
Many different home cleaning tasks – one solution.
With the SC steam cleaners, it's full steam ahead against dirt. A steam cleaner allows you to clean almost all of your household surfaces in a way that is thorough, hygienic and eco-friendly – right down to the smallest crevices. You'll appreciate the power of deep cleaning, not to mention the amount of money saved when you no longer need to buy multiple bottles of expensive, toxic chemicals.
With the floor tool the SC steam cleaner functions as a steam mop, ensuring maximum cleanliness and hygiene when cleaning stone, vinyl, laminate or varnished wood flooring – and all without chemical residues.
"When it comes to hygiene, I've never trusted mopping 100%. But with the steam cleaner, I don't have to worry."
The multipurpose SC range of steam cleaners can make all areas of a kitchen hygienic, including faucets, sinks, wall tiles, range hoods, stovetops and more – and all without using harsh chemicals.
"No matter how chaotic your kitchen – cleanup is much quicker and more thorough with a steam cleaner."
The SC steam cleaners have the cleaning ability to tackle heavy duty tasks, even sanitizing bathroom areas! Take the dread out of cleaning toilets, faucets, shower stalls and tiles – and don't forget all the grout between tiles. Chemical-free cleaning at its best!
"When it comes to bathrooms, there's a world of germs and hard to reach areas. A steam cleaner tackles both with ease."
Glass and mirrors
Steam cleaning easily removes waters spots, soaps and fingerprints from dirty glass, windows and mirrors. Even hairspray is no match for the SC 3 EasyFix! No scrubbing or smelly chemicals required – simply use the power of steam.
"I can never seem to keep mirrors and shower glass clean, stuff builds up so quickly. It comes off in an instant once the steam hits it."
What others are saying about Kärcher steam cleaners
SC 3 Steam Cleaner
"Best Overall Steam Cleaner"
"Unlike many other steam cleaners and mops, the EasyFix’s tank even comes with a descaling cartridge to remove any lime scale from your tap water. This model also ranks at the top for its plentiful multifunctional accessories, including a floor nozzle, hand nozzle, round brush, and microfiber covers."
Good Housekeeping UK
SC 3 Steam Cleaner
"This steam cleaner has an impressive heat-up time, being ready for action in just 30-60 seconds and it can also be refilled at any time to save precious time when cleaning."
SC 3 Steam Cleaner
"The machine produces an impressively large amount of steam and yet feels surprisingly light – both in the hand and the cylinder itself."
"It doesn’t have any head-turning features – apart from the constant steam – but it just does the job very well indeed."
SC 3 Steam Cleaner
"Unlike other canister units that take eight to 10 minutes to heat up, the SC3 is ready in just 40 seconds. Continuous steam with refill convenience is another great feature. When the low water level indicator comes on, just refill the system with water — no need to wait until the unit cools down enough or the water reheats."
What can I clean with a Kärcher SC steam cleaner?
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for cleaning floors with steam
Cleaning laminate and sealed wood floors
- Remove any dust on the laminate or wood floor with a vacuum cleaner
- Limit the steam flow to the lowest setting, so that as little steam as possible gets onto the floor covering
- Release the steam and move the floor nozzle quickly from side to side
- Do not release steam continuously and only use the amount needed to remove any dirt
- Make sure not to create any puddles
- The residual moisture will dry without leaving streaks behind
Cleaning ceramic and stone tiles
- Attach a cloth to the floor nozzle to clean tiled floors
- Using microfiber covers for fine stone is recommended as the fine fibers are ideal for getting into the microporous structure
- Move the floor nozzle from side to side quickly in overlapping strips when steam is released
- Only use the amount of steam needed to remove any dirt
- To clean the joints, move the floor nozzle up and down and from side to side (in the shape of a cross)
- Make sure to change the dirty cloths as needed
Cleaning and sanitizing, the eco-friendly way
Steam cleaning uses up to 80% less water than cleaning with regular methods and doesn't pollute our waste water with chemicals. One liter of water is enough to create 1,700 liters of steam – enough to clean a 650 sq ft area.
In addition, Kärcher's multi purpose steam cleaners allow energy savings of up to 25% compared to other brands. Thanks to the innovative floor nozzle with slat technology, cleaning results are 25% better, saving both cleaning time and energy.
Like all other Kärcher devices, our steam cleaners are over 90% recyclable once they reach the end of their service lives.
Top quality, made in Germany
Steam cleaning systems made by Kärcher are built on 20+ years of design and production experience. Not only do they clean better than other products, but our multipurpose steam devices also adhere to the highest safety requirements and our own unsurpassed standards.
New innovations are born at the Kärcher research center in Winnenden, Germany, like VapoHydro or our intelligent slat technology, for continuous improvement in our products' cleaning capabilities.
Introducing the SC 3 EasyFix Steam Cleaner
Understanding the control panel
Our bestselling steam cleaning accessories
Need replacement microfiber cloths or a descaling cartridge for your Kärcher steam cleaner? We've got you covered. And we have some exciting new steam cleaning accessories coming soon – stay tuned!