Kärcher garden pumps are perfect for watering your garden cheaply. Instead of using drinking water, which is becoming increasingly expensive, the garden pump range BP Garden enables well water, ground water or rain water to be used. To supply water to your home, look no further than our home pump range, BP Home, and our home and garden pumps, BP Home & Garden. They can use reclaimed water for flushing the toilet and supplying the washing machine. Our barrel pump BP Barrel, cistern pump BP Cistern and deep well pump BP Deep Well are ideal for use directly in water.
Please note that different country versions are available for most products: 120 V / 60 Hz or 220-240 V / 50 Hz.
Types of watering pumps
All of our pumps impress thanks to their powerful flow rates with energy-efficient consumption, effective safety precautions and user-friendly operation. Fitted with filters, they are even suitable for dirty water and have dry-running, overvoltage and overheating protection, depending on the application. The home and garden pumps can be switched on and off with a convenient foot switch, while the cistern and deep well pumps are easily switched on and off at standing height.
BP 6.000 Garden
FAQs on booster home and garden pumps
Our booster pumps have a motor rating range of between 400 and 1150 W. But which garden pump should you buy? No matter how many devices you want to connect in your home or garden, Kärcher has the perfect model for every requirement. You can find answers from our Kärcher experts here.
No matter whether it is on the suction or pressure side, with the right combination of high-quality accessories from Kärcher, our pumps can be put to use quickly, easily and safely. The radial sealing principle of the PerfectConnect accessories means they can be put together exceptionally easily, and they offer highly reliable sealing in order to ensure trouble-free operation.
Versatile and safe
BP suction hoses can transport water from anywhere - from PE pipes or straight from "open water sources" such as water butts, for example.
By using Kärcher adapters and connections, you can join hoses and pumps together safely and without problems.
Filters protect the pumps from dirt and blockages whilst ensuring unhindered performance. Kärcher provides the right filter for every application.
The correct accessories, from dry-run protection through to the electronic pressure switch, ensure convenient and safe operation.
You can find the right accessories for your pump on the product page.
Calculation of pump capacity
How to determine the appropriate pump:
1. Draw the function curve appropriate for the hose used (1/2" or 3/4") in the diagram with the pump performance curves. Start with the desired delivery height for your application (in the sample diagram: 5 m).
2. Define the consumption value for your application (in our example: 1000 l/h at 2 bar). In order to determine the operating point of the application, first define the start point for the consumption value on the function curve of the hose used (see start points in the example).
3. Now convert the operating pressure for your application into the delivery height (1 bar = 10 m). Add the delivery height to your start point and draw in the resulting operating point for your application.
The pump performance curve above the operating point shows you the ideal pump for your application. In our example, the BP 3 Home & Garden is suitable when using of a 3/4" hose and the BP 5 Home & Garden when using of a 1/2" hose. Always select the next biggest pump for more power reserves.
Every consumer/application requires a certain operating point. The following orientation examples can be used for the calculation (data varies depending on delivery height, line/hose cross-section):
- Sprinkler: approx. 1000 l/h at 2 bar (20 m delivery height)
- Nozzle: approx. 750 l/h at 2 bar (20 m delivery height)
- Toilet flush: approx. 400 l/h at min. pressure of 0.5 bar (ideally 1 bar [10 m delivery height])
- Washing machine: approx. 800 l/h at min. pressure of 0.5 bar (ideally 1 bar [10 m delivery height])